Friday 1 June 2012

College life – some lessons learnt!


I’m just about to finish college and I must admit, it was nothing like what I thought it would be in the very beginning. I would be the world’s most optimistic person ever, if I were to say that I liked every single moment I spent there. But never the less, just like every senior we know, who go all I miss my college days, I hope to be no different.
From what I would call the most exciting memories of my college days, I decided to write this blog post; more as a - what not to do when you’re entering college, in case you haven’t guessed.

Tip 1#
Choose your college and course with care.
Students, after they finish school, entirely rely upon the counseling that the universities conduct to choose a college for themselves. With the increasing number of engineering colleges around, getting an engineering degree is not the holy grail of education anymore. The saddest thing that can happen to anybody is, being left with the option of choosing a course which you have no idea about just because it’s the only course that’s available for you in a popular college. Instead of doing something that you don’t have a clue about, explore your options and see what best fits you and your interests; because the national rank of the college is not going to help you at all when you get arrears and don’t know what to do in life. So I’m pretty sure that you want to spend the next four years of your life loving your college rather than wishing you did.
Tip2#
Don’t expect it to be anything like what you see in the movies
Try not to be influenced by misleading cinemas. In reality, you will actually have to attend classes. Not just for the attendance, but to learn some stuff too. I mean, if you don’t listen in class, you’re going to have to listen to some other fellow student teach the same stuff to you, if you really want to finish the paper and move on that is. You can actually save yourself some time and being stereotyped as one of the I-need-help-in-studies-kinda person too. To all the boys, being the rough guy who doesn’t listen or respect the teachers, is not going to get anywhere near being the hero. And girls, do NOT be flattered by the attention you tend to get in college; it doesn’t mean you’re pretty, it just means, you’re with a pack of guys who are desperate. You’re going to be with a completely new set of people and its like life is offering you another chance to be a better person, so use it wisely.
Tip3#
Have a clue!
If you are clueless when you join your college, you are most likely to remain that way even when you graduate. College gives you the exposure to a lot of things which you may not have had in school. So use them, give it a try. See if you like it. Still no clue? Then start looking at your hobbies. See what makes you different from the majority of people around you.
Tip4#
The future
Remember that the job you get after college would rarely be based upon what you studied. To major in your own field, you will be asked to study for a completely alien exam, the portions for which would have no role in your research. You’ll have to study for your assessments, end semesters and this exam; but in the end, your admit into masters program will depend upon a summer internship that you missed!
Tip5#
Don’t do things that you will regret in future
This is probably my favorite tip. Always beware of what you do. I often make mistakes and then give ridiculous excuses. I tell you this, you do not want to be ashamed of your actions later in life. Being responsible for what you do is one possible solution to mistakes of this sort. But in general, no one can go back on anything; you just have to live with it the rest of your life. 

Well, easy for me to say. On a second thought, college would be boring if you don't make any mistake at all. It would be the fooling around and getting caught moments that you will always remember, not what was taught in class. So, if you could balance work and play, and have a mind of your own, you're sure to have a wonderful time in college!

4 comments:

  1. Very great blog, I made many friend in my collage. I was participate every festival. My favorite festival Ignite function. I shared many images face book. It is service provide in 24 hour Des Moines Towing. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i was college student, then i do not decide choose own college. I have no future planing for my carrier. But after complete my graduation i decide i will work in Digital marketing. And in this time i work in cadeau voor hem. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Future is depend upon carrier. Carrier is the best part of every person. I have future planed in my college time. In this time i work in spanaway property management company. This is best property provide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there hopesandmiracles-sk information or the article which u had posted was simply superb and to say one thing that this was one of the best information which I had seen so far, thanks for the information #BGLAMHAIRSTUDIO
    https://bit.ly/3eDjmZV

    ReplyDelete